Tuesday, February 24, 2009

And they came two by two!

It's a Girl! It's a Boy!
February 24, 1995
Amy Rachel 1:47 a.m. 6lbs 2 oz
Austin Mark 1:54 a.m. 6lbs 4oz
Womb mates.
Bundle of pink, & bundle of blue.
Double trouble.
Happy parents, unaware of what is yet to come!
look at Dave's face, he looks a little freaked out.

The day we came home from the hospital, sleeping peacefully,
but not for long!
Party in their "crib" all night long.
About every hour & 1/2  for the first 3 weeks, to be exact!
Blessing day, Easter April 16 1995
My two babies.

4 months old
Hanging out in the nursery.
I decorated the nursery with a Noah Ark design, (notice the wallpaper)
I wish I had a picture of the little wooden table & chairs I painted,
each chair back had a different animal, & all the way around the table top it said...
and they came two, by two, by two
Look who woke up on the cute side of the crib.

8 months old

Winnie the Poo & Piglet too.

First birthday
Cutest little twins ever!
Digging into the birthday cakes
My little pumpkins
(+little red riding hood in the window, hi Courtney)18 months old
Austins first set of stitches.
A few days after Christmas, Austin fell at a restaurant and hit his head on the corner of a gumball machine splitting his forehead wide open. Pat (my brother in-law) & Dave rushed Austin to the hospital, Lisa & I got the rest of the kids gathered up and took off in a different car. When I got there I told Dave how Amy had cried the whole way there saying over and over, I want MY Austy, that is when he told me that Austin had done the same thing,
he cried for Amy. Second set of stitches.
P.S. Austin received a second set while we were trying to buy a new car, he fell walking up the tile stairs, splitting open the other side of his forehead. His third set came at age 6 when a dog bit him just below his eye, and the fourth set on his cheek bone happened just minutes after we had walked into the grocery store with a bunch of his friends, and I had said... Now no running or messing around in here. A few minutes later, Amys crying, because Austin has blood running down his face! (they were playing tag)
We call him scar face.
Turning Two.
They came two by two was the theme for their 2nd birthday.
I made the cakes to match, a ark filled with two animals of every kind.
Also their presents were wrapped like the animals in the ark.
(you might have to zoom in on this if you want to see the cakes.)

Austin sleeping with his cowboy hat.
My kids are known for the funny things they do while they are sleeping,
Amy & Austin took it to a whole other level. We have many pictures of them
sleeping with all kinds of things.

Amy sleeping with her high heels.
(believe me Amy, the day will come when you cant wait to kick off your heels!)

Third birthday.
They were extra cute this year, so excited for their birthday!
I made Winnie the Pooh cakes, the tree is made out of a ho ho,
& the Pooh characters are made of fondant.

Austin got a construction set complete with tools, he is all BOY.
Amy got dress ups, she is all GIRL.(notice she is already doing her hair!)


I know that all twins are a lot of work, but one day when they were little it hit me, having a girl/boy set of twins is definitely the most work! This is when I realized why.
I was running from the dance studio,
To the baseball field,
then back to the dance studio, and on and on it goes.
It's hard to be in girl places and boy places at the same time.
I had to take this picture of them under Courtney's bed because they
were always finding little secret spots to huddle together and just be twins!

Amy & Austin loved this little red jeep, they would always jump in it together
and take off 4 wheelin' around the neighborhood. Amy was usually the driver,
whipping around corners, zip zagging down the sidewalks, and bouncing up and down the hills!
Boating buddies.


I remember calling my mom and saying... "Mom I wish all my babies could have been twins!"
She said... "are you crazy? But I was being serious. I might have been a little crazy though because I didn't know what I had coming, but when it is all said and done, I would do it all over again.
I am pretty sure this is why my mom thought I must have gone insane.
Partners in crime.

What one didn't think of the other one would.

I really did watch them, I swear! It was amazing how fast 
they could make a huge mess.
They loved getting into the nestle quick.

Amy putting on my mascara. She got it everywhere but on her eyelashes.
These are just a few of many messy pictures, I couldn't find the picture of when Austin buttered the cream sofa. Or the picture where Austin took a red & purple marker to the same cream sofa. ahh good times.
Life with Amy & Austin has been a fairytale.
Thank you guys for making my dreams come true, I LOVE you!
Happy 14th Birthday, Love Mom : )

14 comments:

Tanner Winnie said...

Ha ha. This is awesome. I laughed out loud when I came across the picture of them on the counter getting into the Nestle Quik. Austin's Quik goatee is priceless. And I LOVE that picture of Amy with mascara all over her face. I'm glad you took pictures of their messes because those are the best pictures! I can't believe how old they're getting. Crazy. Love you Amy and Austin! ...and Mom. ;)

robyn said...

I LOVE this post! I laughed out loud so many times and maybe even cried a little bit but only because I wish that I knew baby Amy and Austin. I can just tell that they were the best! At least I have them in my life now. Happy Birthday Amy and Austin! Love you both! Nice post Linda! (You should probably start working on Courtney's now because she won't be able to help you with it :)

Carrie said...

They are so cute. I loved seeing pictures of them as babies and toddlers. Happy Birthday you two!

Emily Call said...

Love these pictures. The one of Amy under the bed reminds me of my little Mayci. Hope they both had a wonderful birthday.

Lisa said...

Ha ha ha! I loved the messy pictures the best...don't you have some pictures of the messes they used to make in their cribs;) What a fun trip down memory lane...it all went by wayyyyyy to fast:(
Happy Birthday Amy & Austin you're the best!!!
Oh and Robyn makes an excellent point:D

Linda :) said...

Ha ha I laughed when Robyn said that because I was thinking last night... I need to start on Courtney's birthday blog right now! but who will help me when I run into problems? Im thinking Lisa : )

Karli said...

I love this post! You have the cutest pictures of those two! I remember their nursery.. i loved it! Haha the pictures of them with the cowboy hat and high heels are so funny!

Anonymous said...

thanks for the blog post mom!!! thanks for putting all that hard work in for me and austin!!! i love you!!!
Love, Amy :)

sophie said...

Awww my two favorite babies!! I miss them being little soooo much! Those were the best days! Haha ok so whats with me being creepy in the window of that halloween picture. haha. I can't believe they are 14! what??? where did the time go?? tear. :(
Love the post momma!

Kali said...

Linda! I found your blog! This is so cool! I have to get my mom into blogging. She is like, "what is that??" You are so hip!

LiNdS said...

THis post made me cry! Time goes by way too fast. They are so sweet and beautiful. It made me want twins! Oh, and I LOVE your hair and outfit on their blessing day. Hee hee hee. Now I will wipe my tears and go to bed. :)

Lynda said...

Hey Linda! I just read your "blog" on amy and austin, and I must say, I need a tissue as well! Mostly because I can't get over the cakes you made! I couldn't do that if I lived in a bakery all by myself for 3 months! I just can't wrap my mind around it!! I love how you are sporting the shoulder pads like a champ! I will read more tomorrow.Great job!

Primary said...

I love love love these pictures. I wish they were still little. I'm sure they love to hear that! I'm glad that they have stayed soooo sweet. I used to love babysitting them, and playing Jump Start 4th Grade after they went to sleep. Fun memories at the Winnie house!

Brooke said...

What a great post! I love all the pictures of them making messes. I really need to start taking those kinds of photos of Kimball.

Happy Birthday to the twins!