Friday, February 13, 2009

Valentine "delivery" 1982

My Special Valentine Delivery
Brandon David Winnie
February 13 1982
8 lbs 4 1/2 oz
21 1/2 inches
Blonde hair & blue eyes
Bringing with him, a love a mother can feel with every inch of her body, and with every breath she takes, a love that is so strong & so real, that she can not even begin to describe!

long story short.... week over due, arrive at LDS hospital 10:00 a.m. nurse wants to send me home, cant because i have toxemia, & high blood pressure, cute YOUNG intern comes in to break my water, (yikes, where is my OLD doctor!) labor pains get intense, want epidural, nurse says NO, she'll be back in 1 hour! Dave watching chart, telling me how big & long my contractions are! (that helped) over a hour later Dave leaves to take a potty break, I scream.. THE BABY'S COMING! That got the nurses attention, room fills up fast, cute young intern is back, I push & push I rip, he cuts, I make loud noises, I push & push, make more loud noises, baby is born, baby placed in my arms, we bond, & my life is changed forever : )

(Yes that is the cute young intern!)

Here are a few snippets of our life with this sweet little bundle of pure JOY!
Bringing home baby, Riverton Utah
Proud Daddy

3 months

This face shows you what a happy baby Brandon really was. He was so good & easy going. He hardly ever cried. Once he had a pretty high fever so I took him to the doctors, when the doctor looked in his ears he said, isn't this baby screaming his head off all night? these are the worst ears i've ever seen! Brandon hadn't even made a peep!

6 months old
You can see how chubby he is in this picture. He LOVED food (still does) I would make a bowl full of cereal and by the time I would get another spoonful of oatmeal, he would have his mouth wide open & ready for more! He would always make yum yum noises when he ate. (still does)

This is typical Brandon, always getting into food. Dave, Brandon & I were just chillin on the bed watching t.v. one night. I guess we took our eyes off our bowls of ice cream, and Brandon's chubby little hands were in it so fast, next thing we knew there was a sticky, gooey, mess.
Brandon was known as the human vacumn, at family parties he would always go under the table and eat anything that fell on the floor. Mashed potatoes were even known to dissapear right off peoples plates. : )

Our family's first Christmas.
Look at that cute little boy! I made his outfit, mostly because I probably couldn't afford to buy the one I wanted, but also because I secretly wanted to be a fashion designer. The overalls, are green velvet I cross stiched the little reindeer.
Ha ha before you judge, just know I had a NO money budget, and its not like I had access to a store with great fabrics and supplies!
Brandon's First Birthday.
He was so cute, he loved everything. Digging into the cake, opening his presents, playing with his toy top. I remember I saved this outfit for him to wear on his 1st birthday, it was a 18-24 month size, he was so chubby I couldn't get it snapped closed!

He loved that top, the faster I would spin it the faster he would clap! 

Brandon got the chicken pox...
Right after his first birthday! So as you can see, this was a problem because he was still in diapers, so it took forever for his little bummie to heal, because you cant let little boys run around naked for very long.

Such a snuggly little boy.
18 months old
Always happy, always smiling, always laughing, my little buddy!
Easter 1983

Brandon with cousins Brian & Justin
oh my goodness!

Our little hiker

Funny Bunnies
Halloween 1983

Brandon with his side kick Tanner

Brandon was a sweet older brother, (most of the time) he always let Tanner tag along.

Jazz Fan
So many of Brandons birthdays consist of Jazz balloons, Jazz wrapping paper, & a basketball cake. He loved the Stockton to Malone days, playoffs, going to games at the delta center, greeting the players at Millionair airport after a big win or a loss.

Turning 8

12th Birthday
We took Brandon & his friends for his birthday party to meet Karl Malone & get his autograph. We had Karl sign his basketball birthday cake, with frosting in a pastry bag. Karl thought it was so cool, & said he had never signed a birthday cake before. 

Life happens fast, & then your baby is 27! I can remember all of these "Brandon moments" like they were tomorrow! (it's a Brandon comment} And I love this sweetheart baby of mine 27 million times more than the day he was born, and I look forward to the next 27+ years to come.

Wishing you a Happy Birthday Brandon, may all your birthday wishes come true.
I Love you, Mom : )

9 comments:

Lisa said...

ha ha ha these pictures made me laugh!
Brandon was such a cute and chubby baby!! Happy Birthday Brandon and thanks for all the laughs through the years:D

Justin said...

I thoroughly enjoyed this post Linda. Chubby Brandon always makes me smile.

Tanner Winnie said...

I also enjoyed this post.. minus the ripping, tearing and screaming. TMI Mother. T.M.I.

Brandon said...

Wow that intern was pretty gorgeous beyond words.

Mom thanks for this awesome post. I am glad you stuck with it after 78 hours. No, it really is awesome and much appreciated. We have had some great times over the years and plenty more to come! Excited for what the next 27 years has in store and I hope it doesn't involve wheeling you around in a wheelchair or dragging your oxygen tank with us to the movie theatre.

I love you Mom, thanks!

sophie said...

haha pictures of brandon when he was little are my favorite! such a little chubby boy. cute post mom!!

robyn said...

I love this post! It is so fun to see Brandon when he was little like that! What a cute little boy! I look at him and I see Navi! Unlike Tanner I liked hearing about the ripping and tearing and screaming! Nice job Linda! He is so lucky to have you for a mom!

Carrie said...

this is a sweet post. I love it.

Brandon said...

Ok you are on there now! :)

Sarah Jane said...

Linda! I love your blog too! I didn't even know you had one so I am glad you commented mine. Keep up tbe good work! :) Miss you!